6/25: Thanks to everyone who came – it was a great success! We’re posting pictures of the event on Facebook.
Sat., June 23
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We’re kicking off the Skillshare School at CoCo with an all-day knowledge fest! What interests you? Tech? Business? Startups? Design? History? Home brewing? At this event, you can bring your passions and share them with others. In true unconference style, the day doesn’t have an set agenda, but has lots of time slots that can be filled with classes, presentations, workshops, demos, panels, conversations — or whatever! There are at least three ways you can participate:
- Volunteer ahead of time to lead a discussion session or give a presentation.
- Just show up and post your topics of interest to the big board. We’ll group similar topics and look for someone to host the conversation.
- Hang out in the commons and spend the day in conversation to other smart people.
Lunch: We’ll either order in food or arrange for a food truck to pay us a visit!
Parking: We offer $5 all-day validated parking at the Gateway Ramp [new window].
Beer: At 4:00, we’ll ring the bell and bring out beers!
There’s still room to add sessions, especially sessions that don’t require a projector! You can suggest a session in the comments below or by pinging us on the Twitters!
- How to Make More $$ as a Freelancer – Don Ball & Dave Allen
- Startup Anxiety – Solome Tibebu, Cognific
- GIStravaganza (title TBD) – Paul Wickman, Flat Rock Geographics
- Hardcore Local SEO – Dave Allen, SEO Practice!
- Search Inside Yourself – Leila Tite
- The Economics of Disruption - Phil Pogge, Deal Pen
- Sustainability (People, Planet, Profit) in Business – Stephen Yogi Rueff
- What’s Your Why? – Dan Wallace and Jeff Brown, Catalytic Innovation
- Open Badges – an overview – Chris Carlson, NarrativePros
- Storytelling Mechanics – Ed Reilly
- Secrets of Retail: What I Learned from Seven Years with Apple – Matt Woestehoff, The Foundation
- Care & Feeding of an Online Community – Peter Fleck
- How to Get Started in Android Development (a newbie tells all) – Jason Hsu
- 200 Proof: A Craft-Distilled Snapshot of Biomass-based Manufacturing – Rachel Mann
- Engagement Marketing – How small business can win in a social connected world – Jeff Ferrazzo
- Power of Email Marketing in a down economy - Jeff Ferrazzo
- Public Working Public Data – Vic Ward
- Information Safety Basics – John Benninghoff
- 3D modeling and printing (featuring a live MakerBot) - Joseph Rueter
- I don’t blog and here is why you should Rif too – Joseph Rueter