March 3, 2014 – Update
Both Docalytics and Kidizen have won the opportunity to demo at Google. Congratulations! More info here.
Feb. 14, 2014 – Update
We’re pleased to announce the lineup for CoCo Pitch Night!
The startups that will pitch are:
- OMG Transit
Our esteemed panel of judges for the competition will include:
- Dan Kinsella, General Manager - JAMF Software
- Justin Kaufenberg, Founder & CEO – Sport Ngin
- Erin Newkirk, Founder & CEO – Red Stamp
- Anna Love-Mikelson, Founder – Stoke.d
We’re excited to announce that CoCo® has the opportunity to send one of our startups to a Google-hosted Demo Day in Silicon Valley this April! As you know, we are members of the Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub Network and this Demo Day is part of a series of programs Google is hosting for this network. To the best of our knowledge this is the first time Google has hosted their own Demo Day for startups, and we’re excited to be part of this unique opportunity.
Startups that participate in the Demo Day will have the chance to:
- Pitch their companies to and receive product feedback from a panel of investor judges, including Steve Case.
- Interact and learn from Google product experts in small group sessions during their visit.
- Spend time with other startups from similar sized markets across North America.
- Load up on Google schwag, and enjoy the Bay Area.
Qualifying startups to be determined at CoCo Pitch Night, Feb. 21
To determine which startup gets to go to Demo Day, CoCo is going to host it’s own pitch competition on Feb. 21, at a member appreciation event. Five startups will make their pitches that night. The winner, as chosen by a panel of judges, will go on to the Google Demo Day event. To prepare them for the competition, they will receive training from CoCo’s own pitch doctor, Chris Carlson.
A runner-up will also be chosen as a backup and for a possible wildcard round.
A member-only opportunity
This opportunity will be available to CoCo members only. You can become a member by registering online before Feb. 21. However, please note that any company signing up to take advantage of this opportunity will need to have all founders join, with a minimum 6-month commitment.
If you’re interested, please apply for CoCo Pitch Night.
To qualify for the Google Demo Day event, your startup:
- Should have a live product that is getting customer traction.
- Should actively be seeking investment, or strongly considering it in the near future.
- Should be willing to travel to California for two days to succinctly explain their company; co-founders’ backgrounds; product; and market fit to investors, Google product experts and others in the Silicon Valley technology community.
- May come from any industry, but should be growth (not lifestyle) businesses, and understand that most Demo Day investors and product experts will have technology backgrounds.
- May be at any stage of fundraising.