There are two non-negotiables for our members: coffee and Internet. And starting soon, CoCo members will have access to an unprecedented level of Internet access, thanks to a partnership between CoCo and Comcast Business.
Comcast is supporting CoCo’s entrepreneurial community by providing CoCo with its 1Gbps (gigabit per second) fiber service – a vastly better grade of service than we’ve had in the past. In addition to the high speed fiber connectivity offers some distinct advantages:
- It’s synchronous, which means data flows at the same speed up and down.
- It’s a more reliable, dedicated circuit, which results in greater uptime.
- It’s future-proofed: we will be able to expand network capacity over time, ahead of member usage.
But we’ll let one of our esteemed members describe the advantage of 1GB fiber for our more high-tech startups:
“The high-bandwidth, low-latency connection goes a long way to even the playing field with much larger businesses and tech centers with huge resources,” says David Middlecamp, a software engineer at Spark . “The symmetric bandwidth supports creators of content and services, rather than just content consumption, and facilitates working remotely across the globe, or collaborating across millions of connected devices.”
The service will begin immediately at CoCo Uptown and mid-month at CoCo Minneapolis.
- Official release: “CoCo Minneapolis and Comcast Business Announce Partnership to Provide Startups and Entrepreneurs 1 Gigabit Ethernet Connection”
- Star Tribune: “Comcast providing ultrafast Internet to CoCo workspace firm”
- Minnov8: “Comcast Partnering with CoCo for 1Gbps Fiber“